Message from the President
INVITATION TO JOIN OR RENEW YOUR IAASE MEMBERSHIP FOR 2021-2022
By Jami Hodge
It is an honor to welcome you to our 23rd year as a professional organization in the State of Illinois. The Illinois Alliance of Administrators of Special Education (IAASE) is the largest CASE unit in the country and the largest statewide organization of special education administrators. In the past year we have surpassed 1300 members from all regions of the state. It is our mission to provide the voice, vision and future of special education leadership in Illinois through progressive leadership to members and impactful advocacy for students and families. We are regularly called upon by the legislature, our colleagues, government officials, and others for expert testimony, guidance and information about working with students with disabilities. This year, more than ever, we need your help to accomplish our vision of becoming the Voice, Vision, and Future of Special Education Leadership in Illinois.
There are several membership opportunities available, please choose the best option for you. You can become a unified member of CASE, CEC, and IAASE for just $370. The following membership categories are within IAASE:
- Professional Membership (for those administrators or college faculty currently practicing in the field) - $180/year
- School Law Associate Membership (for our colleagues in the field of school law) - $180/year
- Business Associate Membership (for individuals who don’t fit neatly into the categories above who might be promoting a product or service) - $180/year
- Retiree Membership (for individuals who were once an IAASE Professional Member, but are now working part time in the field) - $50/year
- Aspiring Administrators (for individuals not in an administrative role or who are in a graduate program seeking a supervisory endorsement) - $50/year
2021 has already made its mark on all of us as a year we will never forget. Everything we do and every decision we make should come from what is best for students. Professional organizations such as IAASE help to keep the focus. If IAASE can be of service or assistance to you, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Be safe, Be healthy, Take care of your family!