Message from the President
INVITATION TO JOIN OR RENEW YOUR IAASE MEMBERSHIP FOR 2019-2020
By Dr. Kevin Rubenstein
It is an honor to welcome you to our 21st year as a professional organization in the State of Illinois. The Illinois Alliance of Administrators of Special Education (IAASE) is now the largest statewide organization of special education administrators in the country and one of the largest CASE Units in the country. Each year, we reach close to 1200 members from all regions of the state and we currently host two conferences each year. We are regularly called upon by the legislature, our colleagues, government officials, and others for expert testimony, guidance, and information about working with students with disabilities. However, our work is incomplete and we need your help during the 2019-2020 school year to accomplish our vision of becoming the Voice, Vision, and Future of Special Education Leadership in Illinois.
There are several membership opportunities available and we have updated our membership categories to better reflect our community. Specifically,
- Professional Membership (for those administrators or college faculty currently practicing in the field) - $180/year
- School Law Associate Membership (for our colleagues in the field of school law) - $180/year
- Business Associate Membership (for individuals who don’t fit neatly into the categories above who might be promoting a product or service) - $180/year
- Retiree Membership (for individuals who were once an IAASE Professional Member, but are now working part time in the field) - $50/year
- Aspiring Administrators (for individuals not in an administrative role or who are in a graduate program seeking a supervisory endorsement) - $50/year
Additionally, when you are joining or renewing your membership, you should strongly consider joining the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and the Council of Administrators for Special Education (CASE). For just $410/year (that’s just $230 more per year for most), you become a member of two other great organizations. It really is a great deal!
Above and beyond all of that, I have found that you get out of this organization what you put into it. As such, I encourage every member to get involved in some way with IAASE. Join a committee (there are tons of them available), present at a conference, volunteer to help out with a webinar or two. Most importantly, if you have an idea about something you think our organization should be doing, please let me know. I am more than willing to listen.
2019-2020 will be filled with lots of change for students and schools. I’m glad that we will get to experience those changes together as an organization. If IAASE can be of service or assistance to you, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Be well and stay active!