Message from the President
INVITATION TO JOIN OR RENEW YOUR IAASE MEMBERSHIP FOR 2022-2023
By Elizabeth deGruy, Ed.D.
I am so excited to welcome you to the Illinois Alliance of Administrators of Special Education (IAASE) as we begin our 24th year as a professional organization in the State of Illinois. The IAASE is the largest CASE unit in the country and the largest statewide organization of special education administrators. In the past few years we have surpassed 1300 members from all regions of the state. It is our mission to provide the voice, vision and future of special education leadership in Illinois through progressive leadership to members and impactful advocacy for students and families. We are regularly called upon by the legislature, our colleagues, government officials, and others for expert testimony, guidance and information about working with students with disabilities. IAASE is able to do this great work because of your involvement.
There are several membership opportunities available, please choose the best option for you. You can become a unified member of CASE, CEC, and IAASE for just $450. The following membership categories are within IAASE:
- Professional Membership (for those administrators or college faculty currently practicing in the field) - $180/year
- School Law Associate Membership (for our colleagues in the field of school law) - $180/year
- Business Associate Membership (for individuals who don’t fit neatly into the categories above who might be promoting a product or service) - $180/year
- Retiree Membership (for individuals who were once an IAASE Professional Member, but are now either retired or working part time in the field) - $50/year
- Aspiring Administrators (for individuals not in an administrative role or who are in a graduate program seeking a supervisory endorsement) - $50/year
The last few years have been difficult ones for our field. I urge you to look at IAASE to help ground your work, provide professional development, and help you to connect with your colleagues around the state. We are truly stronger when we support and learn from one another. I have found in IAASE a group of professionals who share my values about educating students and building up adults; we need this type of uplifting group in these times. If IAASE can be of service or assistance to you, please don’t hesitate to reach out.